cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 6D mkii Ai Servo AF

slimer90
Apprentice

Recently I purchased wall plug adapter dummy battery for my camera and I started noticing some hiccups with my camera. Occasionally I get a lens error that I never used to get, along with some weird nocking noises in the lens. I'm hoping that this is just coincidental as I have have not used the camera plugged into the wall for more that 20mins. Another concern I had was with the Ai Servo AF mode, I seem to remember the camera finding focus on its own in that mode ( like it does in movie mode). I have read countless threads and watched many videos and I cant find a solid answer. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you and happy shooting.

2 REPLIES 2

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you and happy shooting ..."

You may not like the "help" I will offer but, if the AC battery adapter is not a Canon brand, stop using it.  It may be too late as it can and might have already damaged your 6D Mk II. If it did it will not be a warranty repair issue.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Another concern I had was with the Ai Servo AF mode, ..."

Essentially the difference between One shot and Ai-servo is One shot locks focus, Ai-servo does not.

"I seem to remember the camera finding focus on its own..."

The camera will fire whether it achieves good focus or not. One shot will not.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements