Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 6D Mark II - Firmware Update did not reach 100%

farooqi1206
Contributor

Canon firmware update 1.2.0.jpg

13 REPLIES 13

Hi Farooqi,

Since I'm having the exact same problem in my EOS camera, could you share how did the store managed to fix it (did they assist you remotely, or did you send the camera to them?) did the fix was done easily in place or did they need to take it to the lab? And how much did it cost? 

Thanks!

-- Nissim

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

No problem.  I am very sorry your update didn't complete.  Normally its a simple process that completes in a few minutes. 

Last attempt.  Remove all accessories form the camera.  (Example) Lens, grip, etc.  Remove the card and battery.  Press and hold the shutter button for 20 sec.  Replace (insert) only the battery.  Power on the camera.  If it goes straight to the firmware update (progress), the FW is corrupt, and it will need to be repaired.    

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

"I have followed the advice given. What should I do next?"WhatsApp Image 2024-02-01 at 08.44.38_ed3f70f3.jpg

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Press the menu button and see if the main menus return.  I suspect they won't but this would be a final effort to recover the camera.  All signs point to an incomplete FW flash.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements