cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 5d mk iv delay between live screen stills

Leenorman
Apprentice

Hi

i am frustrated by the delay between shots while shooting wildlife from a hide on live view. With or without remote shutter release the screen goes black for several seconds before one can release shutter again. I hear this is a fault with the canon dale’s but was wondering if if would be solved with a super-fast CF card as the camera seems to be slow to process the photos from live view. My card is a recognised brand 160mb/s.

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Make certain that you do not have Mirror Lockup enabled.  Also, check your Shutter Mode.  Having the delay timer enabled may cause a similar behavior [during Live View].

If you were experiencing a memory card issue, then you should see the red LED light up and flicker during the delay.  In fact, the camera might even display “BUSY”, while it writes to the card.

If you are shooting RAW, then disable all in-camera image correction and noise reduction settings.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Isabelle69
Apprentice

@Leenorman wrote: Portal4me

Hi

i am frustrated by the delay between shots while shooting wildlife from a hide on live view. With or without remote shutter release the screen goes black for several seconds before one can release shutter again. I hear this is a fault with the canon dale’s but was wondering if if would be solved with a super-fast CF card as the camera seems to be slow to process the photos from live view. My card is a recognised brand 160mb/s.

I'm currently experiencing the exact same thing.

Announcements