cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 5d Mark IV with Godox xpro flash trigger

Gino-Mazzaferro
Contributor

Has anyone tried this combo? I am having a bit of trouble with it. I am trying to get a godox SK400II strobe to fire. The trigger is mounted on the hot show of the camera. What happens is this: The  trigger needs to be sync'd with the camera. That is done by pressing the shutter realese halfway. (it also syncs when AE or AF buttons are pushed) Once the sync occurs, the flash fires if I take a picture.. However, it will not fire without the sync. When the camera dioes sync with the trigger, it remains sync'd only a few seconds. So I have to keep sync-ing it , before I can take a shot and have the flash fire. Is there some way that the camera will remained sync'd for a longer time? Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

That seems to be what's happening. 

So I just set the AE button  to " AE hold."

That seemed to do the trick. The trigger stayed sync'd for a long time, even after taking a shot

Pressing the AE button once more un-sync'd it.

Great Idea!

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What did Godox say?

haven't tried them yet. That's the next step. Tx

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Gino-Mazzaferro wrote:

Has anyone tried this combo? I am having a bit of trouble with it. I am trying to get a godox SK400II strobe to fire. The trigger is mounted on the hot show of the camera. What happens is this: The  trigger needs to be sync'd with the camera. That is done by pressing the shutter realese halfway. (it also syncs when AE or AF buttons are pushed) Once the sync occurs, the flash fires if I take a picture.. However, it will not fire without the sync. When the camera dioes sync with the trigger, it remains sync'd only a few seconds. So I have to keep sync-ing it , before I can take a shot and have the flash fire. Is there some way that the camera will remained sync'd for a longer time? Thanks in advance

It almost sounds like it stays synched for as long as the metering is active.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

That seems to be what's happening. 

So I just set the AE button  to " AE hold."

That seemed to do the trick. The trigger stayed sync'd for a long time, even after taking a shot

Pressing the AE button once more un-sync'd it.

Great Idea!

Thanks

Announcements