cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 5D Mark IV FPS is low

KCR
Contributor

Hello forum members,

I use canon 5D mark IV for most of my shooting. For wildlife photography and bird photography, I am having  a problem with high speed continuous shooting.I don't even get 2 or 3 FPS while shooting high speed continuous servo mode. I have disable DLO and still having problems. 

Any inputs to improve this is appreciated.

Thx

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

rs-eos
Elite

Some troubleshooting tips:

• Reset the camera back to factory defaults - perhaps some setting is reducing FPS
  • Are you capturing to the CF card slot only, SD card slot only or both?  If also saving images to the SD card, ensure it's a full-sized SD card and that it has decent write speed (refer to the card's V-rating to understand what it's sustained write speed would be).   The CF card should have around 160 MBps write speed.
  • Format the cards to rule out any fragmentation issues which could lead to slower writes.
  • If you have multiple lenses, try to see if you can replicate the issue with different lenses.
--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You've set something wrong. A full reset should clear it up. That is clear all settings and clear all custom settings, too.

I would format and use just the CF card. Remember most of the time cameras do exactly what we tell them to do. If the full reset doesn't clear it up something may be faulty in your gear. More info will be needed that case.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Glad you got it going. now go make some beautiful shots! 😊

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
click here to view the gallery
Announcements