cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 5D Classic. Wheel won’t let me adjust aperture anymore?

sheldoncooper
Apprentice

I’m new to photography, but on the back of the 5DC, there’s a large wheel to rotate through your options as well as adjust your aperture. I tried to adjust, but nothing happened. I noticed this happen before, but I figured it was me who got confused. The wheel works fine for everything else. I’m not sure if I need to service it or adjust a setting or what. Please help. EDIT: I did the classic, shut off, blow on battery method and it worked. But I still wonder how big of an issue this could come to be in the future.

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Make sure the control is not "locked" out from use.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

" I did the classic, shut off, blow on battery method and it worked."

That may have looked like it worked but it didn't fix it. It was a coincidence. Very first thing it to rest the 5D.  Remove both batteries and if the keep alive battery is the original replace it. Leave them out for 30 minutes or so.  When you press menu does the big wheel work?  If it does it works and you had something else wrong.

I doubt Canon service the 5D any longer.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

JensStahl
Apprentice
I had it on several eos body's, switching mode helps most of the time, for example, switch from AV mode to M mode try the wheel, switch back and try again.

Hope it helps next time.

"Very first thing is to rest the 5D."

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements