cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 50D - Not Powering On

Joiemagic
Contributor

I just posted about an issue with my 1D Mark IV, so I pulled out my 50D backup camera, which I have not used for at least 5 years.  It has been sitting in a camera bag the entire time.  When I charged up the batteries which were totally drained and tried to turn on the camera, I get nothing.  There does not seem to be any power to the camera.  I ordered new batteries and charged them up, but got the same results.  Absolutely nothing, no power to the camera.  I tried taking the battery grip off and using a single battery in, but have the same results.

Any suggestions, please help.  I have a number of upcoming shoots in the next few weeks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

Remove the main battery from the camera. There should be another button cell/ watch battery right next to the main one. Try removing it and replacing it with a new one. 

-Demetrius
Bodies: EOS 40D (Retired) & EOS 5D Mark IV (Current)
Lenses: EF Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 70-210mm F/4 & EF 85mm F/1.8 USM
Speedlites: 420EX, 470EX-AI, 550EX & 600EX II-RT

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

All I can say is the camera is working.  I can take photos again with my 50D until I get the rear screen replaced on my 1D.  So, I am a happy camper...  Being I did nothing else, what appeared to fix the issue was changing the CR2016 battery as was suggested.   

Announcements