cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot see photos on my EOS Rebel T1i's screen

NNG
Contributor

I have a Canon Rebel T1i and I know it is past the Canon service period. I just need to understand a message I am getting on the screen where I should see photos. When I tap the key meant to let me see either the oldest or newest photo, I get this message: "This function is not selectable in the current shooting mode."

I can take photos. I can download them and they are fine. The shooting mode is one that lets me ensure the flash won't operate. I tried changing memory cards, but that was pointless. I don't know if the display capability is dead or if I have done something wrong, accidentally used a nutty setting or something.

Can anyone translate, so to speak?

15 REPLIES 15

Does live view work correctly. Can you see the live image from the image sensor on the rear screen. Also try movie mode. Movie mode forces the camera to use the rear LCD screen.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

When I set the phone on P in the creative zone, then used the live view button, I could indeed see the scene in front of me.... But I still cannot look at any photos that are on the memory card.

I believe I will have to update my equipment. Thanks for your help.

When you pressed the review button did you cycle through the INFO button to change the display?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

NNG
Contributor

No, frankly, I didn't know enough to take those steps. I can check that out, but I am running out of time. Tomorrow I will travel with and use the camera regardless. ....then replace it after i get home.

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

I suggest you put it in P mode and find the setting under the wrench menu that lets you reset the camera.

NNG
Contributor

Thanks for your suggestion.

Announcements