cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to the network

junwoongyoon
Apprentice

I recently bough a Canon EOS M50 camera.

I'm trying to set up the "Auto send images to computer" using Canon ESO utilities.

However the camera cannot be connected to my mac.

It' just saying "waiting to connect".

"Connect device to camera using network settings below"

"SSID, `name of my wifi`"

I double checked that my mac is connected to the same wifi.

Im waiting to connect my device to camera for hours and hours but it cannot be connected.

Please help me.

1 REPLY 1

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi junwoongyoon,

When you say that your Mac is connected to the same Wi-Fi, do you mean that the camera name (or whatever you've entered on the camera as an SSID) is also the connected network on your Mac?  

There are a couple of potential factors here. Were you able to successfully install EOS Utility and Image Transfer Utility 2?

With Wi-Fi disabled, are you able to connect and download images using EOS Utility?

How far can you get on the steps that start on page 21 of the EOS M50 Help Guide?

You can find the manuals for the camera on the link below:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/eos-dslr-and-mirrorless-ca...

Sometimes Wi-Fi setups can be more involved, so if you follow the illustrated steps that start on page 21, you might consider calling our support line at 1-800-OK-Canon (800 652-2666) between 8:00 AM and midnight Eastern Time, Monday through Friday or from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM on Saturday. Usually the wait time is fairly short if you call in the morning or evening or in the middle of the week.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements