cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Find Firmware Update Canon EOS R 1.8

Lineviews22
Apprentice

I clicked support - EOS cameras - EOS R - Software and Drivers - (I am on Mac) Clicked my current Mac version - scroll down and have 25 recommended downloads none of which are a firmware update 1.8. Sorry if this is a rhetorical question here, I just bought my camera and am new to all of this. I looked up videos of people doing it but, it seems Canon has updated their website in retrospect to those videos. The current version of my EOS R is 1.4. I did ask the chatbot to point me in the right direction and it gave me a link to the page I described in the first part of this statement. Thanks in advance for the Help! 

2 REPLIES 2

Peter
Authority
Authority

There are two versions of 1.8.0. I don't remember if this one is 1.8.0 v1 or 1.8.0 v2 but I don't think it matters.

Edit: 2021 is v2 and 2020 is v1.

1000005219.jpg

jaewoosong
Rising Star
Rising Star

I can find firmware for my current R5 but like you I can't find any firmware for the EOS R either on the US site.  Likely something is wrong with US site for the EOS R for firmware.

I found it via canon europe.

EOS R - Support - Download drivers, software and manuals - Canon Europe (canon-europe.com)

-jaewoo

Rebel XT, 7D, 5Dm3, 5DmIV (current), EOS R, EOS R5 (current)
click here to view the press release
Announcements