Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannon rebel t7 focus screen

Mwilliams1360
Apprentice

Cannon rebel t7 152072008635

cannon ds126741

To whom it concerns I have this camera and need to replace the focus screen.  Do you have the model number or link.  I see several but I do not see where they are comparable.  Thank you for your help 

10 REPLIES 10

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The focusing screen ine Rebel series are not user replaceable.  

This begs the question of why.  Why do you think it needs to be replaced?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Maybe I have the name of it wrong.  The screen with the lines and arrows has a scratch on it. And it shows up in a lot of pictures.   

As stated you need to post some examples. I am not sure what in the camera has lines and arrows on it. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Then apparently you do not know cameras that well jrhoffman75....they are talking about the focus screen. some have arrows and some have dots. 

The focusing screen is not part of the light path to the image sensor.

The mirror is #2.  The focus screen is #5.  [The image sensor is #4.]  [The UV Filter layer is #3.]  At the top of the image is the pentaprism #7 and the viewfinder diopter #8.  The mirror swings up when the shutter is fired.  All light passing through the lens goes toward they image sensor.

0C65C34F-103D-4043-8DB3-3417CD59C241.png

Are you using Live View?  If so, then your image sensor may be dirty.

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

If it shows up in your pictures, it is on your sensor, not the focusing screen. If you are lucky it is a hair and you can get a rocket blower to try and clean it off.

Can you post a sample image?

Actually, mine is also my focus screen that has a scratch on it. and mine shows up on my photos as well. I can clearly see the scratch on the focus screen as well as someone who has helped me fix my focus screen. 

@shyla87 wrote:

Actually, mine is also my focus screen that has a scratch on it. and mine shows up on my photos as well. I can clearly see the scratch on the focus screen as well as someone who has helped me fix my focus screen. 

If you “can clearly see the scratch”, then you may not be looking at the focusing screen.  If it shows up in photos, then that can only be the image sensor.

@shyla87 wrote:

As shown in Waddizzle's post, it is physically impossible for a scratch on the focusing screen to show up in your images. The focusing screen is blocked by the mirror when recording an image.

If, as Waddizzle asks, if you are in Live View and viewing the image on the LCD then you have a hair, thread or scratch on your sensor.

The sensor does not have lines, dots or arrows on it.

The LCD does not have lines, dots or arrows on it, but the camera can display various icons on the LCD when in Live View.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements