cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't remove images from camera canon t4i

gobuffs98
Apprentice

Hello,

I have removed plenty of images in the past.  My last set of images rolled over img_9999.cr2.  When I plug the camera into the pc I can see all the images up to img_9999.cr2 and get them off the camera.   I can see images after that on the camera, but not when plugged into the pc.  I thought the numbers would roll over to img_0001.cr2.  Also new photos taken are not recoverable.

Thanks,

Glenn

6 REPLIES 6

Shanna
Enthusiast

Hello gobuffs98!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

I'm using windows 7.

I found the issue.  Another folder was created with the images in it, 101CANON.

Thanks.

I see this issue with folks that for some reason like to keep images in their camera on their SD card.  My grandpa , for one, does that.  If you will just get into the habit of saving the files elsewhere this is not an issue.

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Glenn,

I strongly recommend you don't use a large SD card.  Instead use several smaller ones.  I used to use only 8GB but now I mostly use 16GB.  Just because they got so cheap.

But keeping a lot of photos on one huge 32GB or 64GB is asking for trouble.  All my shots are put on the computer after every shoot or outing.  You only have to loose a once in a life time image to get into this habit.  At least u/l them to your computer everytime if you see a benefit in keeping large numbers of files on the camera's SD card.

Of course if you shoot video this doesn't apply and you want a big SD card.  

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

Glenn,

I strongly recommend you don't use a large SD card.  Instead use several smaller ones.  I used to use only 8GB but now I mostly use 16GB.  Just because they got so cheap.

But keeping a lot of photos on one huge 32GB or 64GB is asking for trouble.  All my shots are put on the computer after every shoot or outing.  You only have to loose a once in a life time image to get into this habit.  At least u/l them to your computer everytime if you see a benefit in keeping large numbers of files on the camera's SD card.

Of course if you shoot video this doesn't apply and you want a big SD card.  

If you upload your image files to a computer after every day's shooting, and if your workflow includes a prompt, well organized backup of the computer, you have nothing to fear from using a large memory card.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

My dear Bob from Boston, you need to get out more and see how some people use their cameras.  My three oldest granddaughters use their Rebels like a cell phone.  The only place a photo resides is in the camera.  They keep tham there and they show them there!  So does my daughter-in-law.

The word "workflow" does not exist.  I doubt if any of them ever uses a computer.  They all have ipads.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements