cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t change settings of “Lens drive when AF impossible” on R5

DaBrownCO
Enthusiast

I rented an RF 100-500 to use on my R5. From the info screen and manual, it says that Stop Focus Search should be on for super telephotos or those with a wide zoom range. However, I am unable to change this parameter or Continuous Focus Search. Please advise. 

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Is your camera in a Basic Shooting mode, one of the automatic modes?

You must use one of the Creative shooting modes to adjust that setting   I would have thought the camera would tell you that when you select that option, and press [INFO].

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

DaBrownCO
Enthusiast

It was in Fv mode or M mode, which I suspect fall under the Basic mode category. Nope, the camera nor the manual did not specify this fact. Thanks

The camera manual does tell you about these options only being available in Creative Shooting modes.  Look for the ️ next to the menu options.  If you are using flash, or electronic shutter, those can disable the menu option, too, depending on other settings.

7DCD0517-1368-4462-9A56-32FD20939104.jpeg

None of the above options are available in Basic shooting modes.  You should not even see them.  If you can see them, but your menu option is greyed out, then try pressing the [INFO] button if that option is [visible]

Push come to shove, I recommend saving your current camera configuration as a custom shooting mode, and then resetting the camera back to factory defaults.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hammond69
Apprentice

@DaBrownCO wrote: IndigoCard

I rented an RF 100-500 to use on my R5. From the info screen and manual, it says that Stop Focus Search should be on for super telephotos or those with a wide zoom range. However, I am unable to change this parameter or Continuous Focus Search. Please advise. 

May be you can do saving your current camera configuration as a custom shooting mode, and then resetting the camera back to factory defaults.

DaBrownCO
Enthusiast

Thanks. I must've overlooked it in the camera. I never shoot in Creative Mode so I guess the setting is moot from my perspective. That said, it seems I did change something (not sure what) that seemed to fix the issue with the camera finding focus with the 100-500mm.

Announcements