cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 1300D won't turn on with third party batteries

Subhrajit
Apprentice

Hey I need urgent help my eos 1300d won't turn on with my third-party batteries which are only 6 months old it worked well till yesterday but today when I tried to turn on my camera it won't but it gets on with my old Canon lp-e10 battery which are damaged. Please help me 

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Wait. So it works with the old batteries? I suggest you get some new ones. Canon if possible.

Leave the batteries out a few days while charging them and then put them back in the camera. (Does the red SD access card flash when you put the batteries in?)

Then try turning it on again. If that does not work, you probably need it serviced.

@kvbarkley wrote:

Wait. So it works with the old batteries? I suggest you get some new ones. Canon if possible.

Leave the batteries out a few days while charging them and then put them back in the camera. (Does the red SD access card flash when you put the batteries in?)

Then try turning it on again. If that does not work, you probably need it serviced.

As I read it OP states it works with the old Canon batteries but not with newer third party batteries.

I don't think anything is wrong with his camera; its a battery issue.

I do agree about getting new Canon batteries unless he can find recognized reliable third battery products.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

With third party anything, you are using them at your own risk.  If the batteries have died prematurely, and you have the documentation to do so, I would suggest approaching the vendor of said batteries.   I would suggest getting Canon brand or at least a different 3rd party brand to replace them.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

normadel
Authority
Authority

What brand are the failed batteries? The battery market is rife with junk. If you want an aftermarket battery that is a good bet, see if Watson or Wasabi make  one for your camera.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements