cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera won’t focus or take picture

Schoonie
Apprentice

I have a rebel t6.  Yesterday I used it take pictures in manual and portrait mode outside.  It worked fine.  An hour later I went to take pictures with the same lense without changing any settings and it wouldn’t take a picture.  It will take a picture in MF but it doesn’t focus.  It will take a picture if the lens is remove and only the cap is attached.  It will take a picture with my other lens. It won’t take a picture with my 18-55 mm lens inside or outside.  It won’t take a picture in AF setting. It won’t take a picture using either the viewfinder or the LCD.  It won’t take a picture outside on the green A+ setting.    I have taken out the memory card and battery for 5 minutes.  Nothing changed.  I have switched back and forth between AF and MF.  Any suggestions?  Thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2

Ray-uk
Whiz

It sounds as though you may have an AF fault with your lens, the easiest way is to try another lens.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

ake a look at the post by Canon Product Expert Jesse in this thread.

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Lenses/Autofocus-not-working-18-55mm-lens/m-p/138173#M5481 

He describes how to resolve a very specific problem related to the AF motors in the lens being jammed.  If you remove the lens from the camera, and you hear a faint rattle when you shake it, then it is likely that you have this problem.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements