cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANON EOS90D AND PERCEPTION WIRELESS 45 SPORTS SET

yvoncey
Contributor

VIDEO SHOOTING USING CANON EOS90D WITH PERCEPTION WIRELESS 45 SPORTS SET. WHEN PLAYING BACK  VOICE AND MUSIC WILL NOT BY HEARD SIMULTANEOUSLY. WHEN I SPEAK THE MUSIC STOPS AND VICE VERSA.

12 REPLIES 12

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

I suggest you take it up with the PERCEPTION WIRELESS 45 SPORTS SET people. The 90d can only record what it is given. It can't tell the difference between music and voice. Sounds like a ducking issue.

Thanks for the reply. "Sounds like a ducking issue". What odes that mean?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ducking

It could be that the wind filter is causing this, you might try turning that off.

Hello,

Maybe I'm articulating this inqiury well. My producing a fitness video. In the process of recording I'm speaking while music from external source is playing in the background. There's a connection from the canon eos90D to the voice amp. When playing back When I'm speaking it's ad if the music is turned off. When I pause speaking the music kicks . Someone from Canon yersterday suggested it was a channel issue with both Canon eos90d and the PERCEPTION WIRELESS 45 SPORTS SET being on the same channel. 

I've tried recording with the wireless mic on channels 3-8 since I told the Canon is right and left or 1 and 2.

Typo "Maybe I'm articulating this inqiury well." Maybe I'm NOT..."

I still don't know your setup, how do the music and voice get combined? But I can guess that your voice is so loud, the agc lowers the music. Have you tried whispering as a test to see if it still happens?

Thanks for the help. I should've taken some images of the setup. I won't be able to get to the equipment until tomorrow. one last thing if don't mind...how do I disable the AGC?

@yvoncey wrote:

Hello,

Maybe I'm articulating this inqiury well. My producing a fitness video. In the process of recording I'm speaking while music from external source is playing in the background. There's a connection from the canon eos90D to the voice amp. When playing back When I'm speaking it's ad if the music is turned off. When I pause speaking the music kicks . Someone from Canon yersterday suggested it was a channel issue with both Canon eos90d and the PERCEPTION WIRELESS 45 SPORTS SET being on the same channel. 

I've tried recording with the wireless mic on channels 3-8 since I told the Canon is right and left or 1 and 2.

Are you recording audio from a headphone output.  Yikes.  Are you setting the audio level to manual?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I'm using a wirelss mic for the fitness video

Announcements