cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Canon Rebel T2i

mesocute333
Apprentice

Hi, my Canon Rebel T2i wont turn on completely. When I turn it on, the display wont light up and when I try to take a picture, it focuses but wont take a picture. Any tips? tysm!

1 REPLY 1

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Hi and welcome!

First, what may seem obvious, simple questions that we need to eliminate the easy solutions. 

I assume the lens cap is removed (you'd be surprised how often that happens!).
After you turn on the camera, can you please try repeatedly tapping the DISP button to see if that makes a difference to what is shown.  If there is any display at all please advise what you are seeing, or take a shot with your cell phone and post that.

What lens do you have attached to the camera, and do you have any other lenses  you can try instead?  BTW, if switching lenses always turn the camera off and then back on when the new lens is connected.

If it is more serious, sadly, because  this is a very old camera (released 14 years ago), support and parts will not be available if it needs to be repaired.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements