cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wildlife + macro/micro photography?

SnapDragon1
Apprentice

Currently looking at the Canon EOS R10 for wildlife and macro photography. I have a Canon EOS Rebel T3i, but I would prefer something more portable, with Bluetooth and an articulated screen. What are some suggestions I should take into consideration when deciding for a camera? Budget wise I don’t think I would like to exceed the 1k mark. I should add I’m fairly naïve and trying to learn as much as I can, perhaps my T3i is plenty enough. I do own a Canon SX720HS that I reach for often because it’s light and small, but I would prefer far more quality and control that a dslr can offer

1 REPLY 1

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Hi and welcome to the forum:
Can I suggest reading the following guide for those folks in your situation:
Considerations when considering buying camera gear 

Wildlife and macro are both fairly specialized areas in terms of the lenses involved.  One of the traps that people often fall into is to concentrate on the camera body, whereas the optics are often the greater investment and have a greater impact on the resultant image.

$1,000 is not a great budget when considering getting both optics and a body, so I will pose a couple of immediate questions for you:

1. What lenses are you currently using - please be specific as to the models as there may be several for the same focal range.

2. It is tempting for folks in our position to suggest camera bodies and lenses that we like or use, but what you get must be specific to your needs and limitations.  In that respect, what is it precisely that your current gear is not doing for you, or holding you back?  Or, to rephrase it, what do you hope to gain by switching from  your current gear?

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements