cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blurry

Caleigh
Apprentice
I got this new camera and I read everything about it. It was working great and now it won’t focus or anything. It’s on auto focus. I tried some filters out and now it won’t take a clear picture. What can I do?
11 REPLIES 11

Stephen

Hi, Caleigh!

Welcome to the Canon Community and thanks for your post! 

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what Canon camera and lens you're using, any error messages you might be seeing on the camera.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please call 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone. 

Thanks and have a great day!

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

@Caleigh wrote:
I got this new camera and I read everything about it. It was working great and now it won’t focus or anything. It’s on auto focus. I tried some filters out and now it won’t take a clear picture. What can I do?

Can you provide details on the camera model & specific lens.

Also, can you provide detail on the "filters".

Is it that the lens wont work with the "filter" attached?  Or is that even after removing the filter, the lens isn't working correctly?

It sounds like you verified that the AF/MF switch on the lens barrel is in the "AF" position.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

ScottyP
Authority

Check the tiny little diopter adjustment dial up on the right side of the viewfinder. That dial adjusts the viewfinder to match the eyeglasses prescription of people who need vision correction. It is easy to accidentally bump that dial when handling the camera and if you do everything in the viewfinder will look blurry. 

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I got this new camera ..."

All just guesses in the dark until we know exactly what gear you have.  A sample photo !

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Caleigh
Apprentice
Well I have the EOS rebel T6. The switch is at AF not MF I’ve checked it multiple times... I had just the normal lense and then I added the wide angle lense and now all the pictures turn out blurry. The only pictures the tube out good are super close up pictures... it’s in landscape mode.

Are you sure it is a wide angle lens and not a closeup lens?

A screw on adapter like that is usually not worth it.

Caleigh
Apprentice
Yes, I’m sure it’s the wide angle Lense it’s says it on the lense

Is the “normal lens” the 18-55 mm that came with the camera?  Is the “wide angle lens” a Canon lens or is it something you screw onto the other lens?

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

Caleigh
Apprentice
Yes it’s the lens that came with it and it’s sokething you screw into the other lens
Announcements