cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blinkies: How can I capture an image with the blinkie background and the resultant after glow?

R5RAY714
Apprentice

14 REPLIES 14

Maybe the OP is wanting to put together a tutorial or such and wants to show what the display looks like when the Highlight Warning is enabled. I think I'd try to take a photo of the LCD when the proper effect is displayed. If you needed to show it actually blinking you'd want to take multiple images and combine them in an animated GIF.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I think you would need an image editing app that can create GIFs.  Photoshop can do it.  I think there web sites that can create GIFs, too.  I do not know if the web site allows you to download the final image as a file, though.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You should be able to hook up the HDMI and a capture card to get exactly what is on the LCD. As to why, I am mystified, too.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

In Photoshop you can do this whether this is what the OP wants, I don't know but it is possible. If all you want to do is show an overexposed area you can make that in PS also.

A GIF, whether animated or not, is just an image file type.  It can be from any type of image. If it moves it will be several or a series of images. Simply load your images and open each one in a layer in Photoshop. Open the Timeline panel and select Create Frame Animation. Select Make Frames from the layers in the Timeline panel. Set the GIF to loop.

What you do with it after this is up to you.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Lightroom as well can show areas of overexposed parts of the photo.

jaewoosong_0-1664778217491.png

-jaewoo

Rebel XT, 7D, 5Dm3, 5DmIV (current), EOS R, EOS R5 (current)
Announcements