cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blinkies: How can I capture an image with the blinkie background and the resultant after glow?

R5RAY714
Apprentice

14 REPLIES 14

Danny

Hi, R5RAY714!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon camera model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

"How can I capture an image with the blinkie background and the resultant after glow?"

If you mean you want to save to a file the blinkie image that shows on the LCD the answer would be you can't.

If that's not what you are asking provide the info indicated by Danny and clarify the question.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

You are correct in that I want to save the blinkie image to a file that shows on the LCD screen.  I believe Canon  can find a way to program what I am looking for. How can we pass on the idea to CANON?

Display it on the LCD screen after you take the image and record a video with your phone maybe? Other than that you are asking the camera to create a video of exposure data of an image or video that may or may not have been recorded to a memory card. I don't see a huge demand for that ability.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"...  I want to save the blinkie image to a file that shows on the LCD screen."

Photoshop! 😁

You want to put it back on the camera, too? I don't think that is possible but since I have never and have never wanted to, I have never tried. The back of the camera LCD screen is for facsimile display of what you are taking or what you just took as a photo.

This is a public forum mostly answered by users just like you and not Canon employees. So any suggestions for future features posted here will fall on deaf ears.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

normadel
Authority
Authority

What the heck is a "blinkie image"?

It's the highlight warning image that can be programed to display on the rear LCD. Why someone would want that escapes me.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Oh. You learn something new every day. A newbie giving something a name when they don't know the proper terminology.

I too don't know why someone would want to save it as an image file. 

Announcements