cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitrate

stevemv
Apprentice

Hi.

I have been shooting video on my Canon Legria camcorder which has a bitrate of 24mbps shootinf at 1920x1080i 25fps. I recently recorded some footage on my Canon 7D Mk2 and feel the video image quality is far better. I shoot ALL-I 25fps. Having used a program on my computer to look at the fine detail of the video clips it seems my 7d2 is recording at over 80mbps. Is this right? That sounds a lot.

Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Tim
Authority

Hello Stevemv, 

The EOS 7D Mark II is able to dedicate a tremendous amount of processing power and sensor size towards recording video footage.  The footage it records is variable bit rate.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Peter
Authority
Authority

@stevemv wrote:

Hi.

I have been shooting video on my Canon Legria camcorder which has a bitrate of 24mbps shootinf at 1920x1080i 25fps. I recently recorded some footage on my Canon 7D Mk2 and feel the video image quality is far better. I shoot ALL-I 25fps. Having used a program on my computer to look at the fine detail of the video clips it seems my 7d2 is recording at over 80mbps. Is this right? That sounds a lot.

Thank you in advance.

From the manual 7D II should use a card with a lowest write speed of 20MB/s. 20x8=160mbps, so somewhere below 160mbps.

Announcements