cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to make Canon T3 wi-fi enabled?

petenorris
Contributor

Hello Forum!

Question: Can someone provide suggestions about making my Canon T3 wi-fi enabled?

As far as I can tell there are two options:

1). A wi-fi adapter that you can plug the sd card into.

2). A wi-fi enabled sd memory card.

Thank you in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Yep.  Eye-Fi Card is about it.  See Page 230 of your manual.

T3 Manual

Eye Fi.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Wi-Fi SD cards are terrible.  The leading manufacturer of them went out of business.  I wonder why.

I do not know if the external Wi-Fi adapter works with the T3, but I do know that it costs more than the camera.  You would be MUCH better off buying an updated camera with built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.  The Bluetooth makes the Wi-Fi setup a breeze.

However, understand this.  A Wi-Fi enabled camera does not mean that it is fully networkable.  All that it really means is that the camera can communicate wirelessly with other wireless devices using standard Wi-Fi frequencies and protocols.

I do not know what functionality you expect from having Wii-Fi, but be prepared to be disappointed.  On all but the most expensive camera bodies, built-in Wi-Fi is somewhat limited, and SLOW.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I agree with Waddizzle, I bought a wifi card years ago and it was very disappointing and very slow...I have not used it since. I think the one I tried was from Eye-Fi or something like that I know it is lying around collecting dust somewhere and destined for eBay at some point.

John_
Authority

A wi-fi card seems to be the only option, your first point would only enable a standard SD card to be wi-fi when inserted into an wifi adapter, not the camera. Once you remove the SD card you might as well use a computer that would allow you to share the contents via wi-fi or Bluetooth or direct. 

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Can someone provide suggestions about making my Canon T3 wi-fi enabled?"

No, I can't because it is a very bad idea.  It will never work like you think normal wi-fi does.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

petenorris
Contributor

Thanks everyone for responding. Smiley Happy

Announcements