cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best camera for a Zoom meeting

paul4ut
Contributor

What is Canon's best camera/mic for use of streaming a Zoom meeting?

6 REPLIES 6

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

What camera model are you using. Canon has 2 different types of cameras DSLR & Mirrorless. These cameras have their own respective lens mounts. Full Frame DSLR & EOS 35mm Film SLRs require EF Mount lenses. They can't be used with EF-S, EF-M, RF & RF-S lenses. APS-C DSLR cameras require EF or EF-S lenses. They can't be used with EF-M, RF & RF-S lenses. Canon's EOS M series Mirrorless cameras require EF-M lenses. But EF & EF-S lenses can be adapted using the EF to EF-M Mount adapter. RF & RF-S lenses CAN NOT be adapted or mounted directly to the camera. Canon's EOS R series Mirrorless cameras require RF & RF-S lenses. But EF & EF-S lenses can be adapted using the EF to RF Mount adapter. EF-M  lenses CAN NOT be adapted or mounted directly to the camera. 

-Demetrius
Bodies: EOS 5D Mark IV
Lenses: EF Trinity, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM
Retired Gear: EOS 40D, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM & EF 70-210mm F/4
Speedlites: 420EX, 470EX-AI, 550EX & 600EX II-RT

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

I think this individual would like a recommendation.  So the questions might be, what is your budget and what are you going to connect this camera to?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Money not an issue… just need best options. I would like to limit my equipment to one MacBook Pro.

Look into the EOS R50 or R10.

-Demetrius
Bodies: EOS 5D Mark IV
Lenses: EF Trinity, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM
Retired Gear: EOS 40D, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM & EF 70-210mm F/4
Speedlites: 420EX, 470EX-AI, 550EX & 600EX II-RT

What do you find limiting with the camera built in to the MacBook Pro?  If you have an iPhone and the latest macOS (Ventura), you may want to check out Continuity Camera and Center Stage.  See this Apple Support article.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

To be clear, our current camera, the Mevo Start, is an amazing piece of hardware. Not only does it have three built-in mics, and a glass HD camera, wireless and has the ability to drop graphics in pre-defined blocks on the viewer’s screen. Lately, we have had serious issues with streaming in Zoom meetings (like no audio for one). I suspect the problem is with the Wi-Fi network and not the camera. I’m aware of the “continuity camera” option in iOS, and we have several iPhone 14 Pro Max units available. I was intrigued by the advanced imagery available from professional Vlogging cameras.

Announcements