cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRAND NEW AND OUT OF THE BOX! HELP!

kwarford
Apprentice
I just finished setting up my brand new Rebel T5 and was only able to capture one picture. I attempt to take photos and can hear the shutter, but will not display the taken photo nor will it display in the photo storage. Someone help me, please. I'm brand new to all of this.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"... will not display the taken photo nor will it display in the photo storage"

I am not sure DISP causes it to not playback on a T5?  Can you reset the camera.  A "Clear all settings" in the menu?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

TCampbell
Elite
Elite
There is a "Display" button (labeled "DISP") on the back of the camera. Each time you press it, it changes the information shown on the LCD display. There are four or five different optional things it can display ... and one of it's options is to display nothing at all (the LCD will remain dark).

Take some time to read through the manual at least once. The camera has quite a few capabilities and you'll feel more at ease knowing how to use it if you take the time to review it.
Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"... will not display the taken photo nor will it display in the photo storage"

I am not sure DISP causes it to not playback on a T5?  Can you reset the camera.  A "Clear all settings" in the menu?

EB

A different question would be...  (image review aside for the moment) does the LCD screen on the back of the camera ever display any information at all (images, menus, settings, etc.  anything?)

If you press the "Menu" button, then the menu should always appear (even if the LCD is set to not display anything else).  If the menu will not appear then the LCD screen is probably not working.  

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

kwarford
Apprentice
Yes, the menu display is showing. I just tried the auto focus outside in natural light and it still is not working.

@kwarford wrote:
Yes, the menu display is showing. I just tried the auto focus outside in natural light and it still is not working.

Wait.. this looks like you're changing to a completely unrelated issue.  I thought you were having issues with the "image review" feature (unable to review the images on the LCD screen.)

Is the image-review issue resolved?

Autofocus would be completely unrelated.  Have you taken the time to read the instruction manual... cover to cover?

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

kwarford
Apprentice
This issue still has not been resolved! Did not mean to press the "accept as solution", button.

afelten
Contributor

same here  will not shoot pics unless set to mf  

I watched the dvd, read the book cover to cover. Followed all directions and camera won't shoot a picture. If I change the setting from af to mf then it will shoot. However, I want auto focus as I am not quite ready to have to use manual focus yet. I can't even imagine how difficult it will be, if at this point I can't even take a basic picture! I hope we get some help soon.

Smiley Happy  While Tim's answer is good and indepth, try this.  Put the camera on the Green Square, set the lens to AF.  Go out side on a nice day and shoot away.  If it doesn't work as it should it is faulty.  Return it for a different one.

EB
Announcements