cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autofocus not working in creative mode on Rebel T7i / 800D

tesla
Contributor

I had just been given EOS T7i/800D and stumbled an issue which I hope somebody here can shed some lights.

Everything is working fine in full auto mode [A+ mode].

When I switch to Creative Mode (for instance using Av, T or P) I noticed that the autofocus is not working. I thought it was the lens, so I put the lens on my old 450D and autofocus on Av is working on the old camera.

I am wondering if this is in fact the characteristic of T7i/800D or there is a setting I must adjust or even broken camera.

Thanks in advance

Glenn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum tesla.

Since you say "given" was it a camera someone else owned? Perhaps they have activated some custom settings?

Whenever a camera seems to be not functioning correctly the first thing to do is reset all camera settings and clear all custom functions in the menu system.

Then see if there is a problem.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum tesla.

Since you say "given" was it a camera someone else owned? Perhaps they have activated some custom settings?

Whenever a camera seems to be not functioning correctly the first thing to do is reset all camera settings and clear all custom functions in the menu system.

Then see if there is a problem.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you so much for your pointers - it was actually the custom functions setting. I just cleared the setting and it worked as I imagined.

Cheers

Glenn

Announcements