cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Concerns About Purchasing A Refurbished Canon Camera

Cantrell
Enthusiast

Any concerns about purchasing a refurbished mirrorless Canon APS-C or full frame camera? Thanks in advance.

11 REPLIES 11

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

None. I've spent $$$$ in the Canon refurbished store.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you for your input. I have been looking in the refurbished store daily. I would like to buy refurbished from Canon as opposed buying used from an individual.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This is advisable and I'm glad to hear it.  Canon refurbished gear comes with the same 1-year warranty as new.  Other reliable sources that have used departments are are B&H, Adorama, KEH and LensRentals.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Shadowsports,

Thank you for the other suggestions. Familiar with Adorama, but not the others. 

Shadowsports,

My wife bought me a Canon AE-1 for Christmas in 1977 from Adorama.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I would say that you should consider what vendor you are looking at.  The Canon Online Refurbished Store is the most reliable source, by far. They have full one year factory warranties on every product. 

Other vendors offer six months of repair services, or less, not factory warranties. I do NOT recommend buying from Amazon or any items described as”renewed”.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Waddizzle, 

Interesting comment about Amazon. I would not have considered that option. Thank you for the suggestion.

Major typo. I do not recommend Amazon. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Waddizzle,

Thank you for the correction.

Announcements