cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Almost pulled the trigger on Canon refurb R6ii; Black Friday?

magnuso2
Apprentice

The refurb price from Canon right now in USA is $1700. I thought about the FOMO I would have if they had a better Black Friday sale though this year, either refurb or new. Do you think they would go on sale this year beating that price? Or is this it for awhile? Does Canon do lens sales for BF too? Looking to get RF 100-500 as first lens. I shoot wildlife and railroad.

3 REPLIES 3

justadude
Rising Star
Rising Star

It's hard to say how much lower a sale price might be.  I do know the refurb price of $1,700 is one heck of a deal.  I bought my R6 Mk ll last November during a great sale, but it did not go anywhere near as low as the current $1,700 refurb price.

Just for perspective - the refurb prices go up and down.  I also bought an R8 in January, but this one was a refurb (unlike the R6 Mk ll which was new).  At the time the refurb price was $999.  Currently the refurb price is $1,169 - which just goes to show how much the refurbs can fluctuate in price.  I think at $1,700 for a refurb R6 Mk ll that's kind of at a low.  Of course, it's a gamble on "Do I wait to see if it goes lower?", but it also might be higher for a new one during Black Friday.  Your call of course, but I would jump on the refurb.  

Gary

Digital: Canon: R6 Mk ll, R8, RP, 60D, various lenses
Film: (still using) Pentax: Spotmatic, K1000, K2000, Miranda: DR, Zenit: 12XP, Kodak: Retina Automatic II, Duaflex III

March411
Rising Star

Agreed, if you have the money its a real good price so I would also jump on it. I am a big fan of my R6 MKII, you will not be disappointed!

No trees were destroyed in the posting of this message. However, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Marc
Windy City

R3 ~ R5 ~ R6 Mk II ~ R50
Adobe and Topaz Suite for post processing
My Online Gallery

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Deals come and go.  The R6mkII has be hovering at $1999.  Refurbs $1699.  I think it dipped a little lower briefly.   

You can't let this be the sole driving factor for a purchase.  My R5 C was $4499 new.  Last month refurb $3399.  Today, refurb is $2900.  Many CC offer cash back.  This can be used to offset tax.  If you want the camera, I'd buy it.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements