cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AF point default on R7

John13K
Apprentice

I recently purchased the R7 camera.  I normally shoot with one point AF point.  The problem I have is that every time the camera sits for a few minutes and/or I turn it off, The AF point shifts to the far left of the viewfinder.  I would prefer that it defaults to the center where I use it most often.  Although I found I can quickly set it back to center by pushing the multi controller button straight in, this added time to get the AF point where I need it to be has already caused me to loose shots.  How can I get the AF point to default to the center when the camera is turned off and/or it goes to sleep?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What shooting mode are you using?  Are you using a custom shooting mode that you defined?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What shooting mode are you using?  Are you using a custom shooting mode that you defined?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I think you just solved my problem, as I just tried it on manual, shutter and aperture priority and the AF point was centered.  I do have three custom modes saved in C1-3 and that is where it comes on with the AF point to the left.  So I think what is happening is I must have inadvertently had the AF point to the far left when I saved the modes in C1-3.  That being the case all I have to do is to modify those saved modes.  I use the custom modes most of the time and didn't realize that AF points were centered when I used the M, Tv and Sv settings.  Thanks for your help!

Announcements