cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AEB and Flash using M5

kphigh
Apprentice

Hi, 

I have been studying Ron Moroto's Real Estate Photo and for his canon set-up he uses HDR(settings saved as C2) along with flash(settings saved as C1). When I try these settings on my M5, with the Flash attached to the camera, the AEB settings for C2 are disabled.  Is there a way to remedy?

Thanks

Kevin

8 REPLIES 8

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello kphigh,

AEB shooting (auto exposure bracketing) is not available when the flash setting is set to anything other than OFF with the EOS M5 unfortunately.

Many real estate photographers auto-bracket followed by a flash for every photo. This is easy on a Sony as Sony turns auto bracketing back on after we turn the flash off. Seems simple (and for us, necessary) to implement.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@kphigh wrote:

Hi, 

I have been studying Ron Moroto's Real Estate Photo and for his canon set-up he uses HDR(settings saved as C2) along with flash(settings saved as C1). When I try these settings on my M5, with the Flash attached to the camera, the AEB settings for C2 are disabled.  Is there a way to remedy?

Thanks

Kevin

What is the model number of the camera being [used] to demonstrate camera setups?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hi - I am using a Canon m5

@kphigh wrote:

Hi - I am using a Canon m5

Thanks, for the update.

What is the model number of the camera being [used] to demonstrate camera setups?

Hi - it's a canon 60d.  

@kphigh wrote:

Hi - it's a canon 60d.  

Thanks, for the update.  The 60D is a DSLR with a mechanical shutter. The M5 is an initial release of M series bodies, which had some missing features.

I have agree with Product Expert John_Q.  If he says the feature is not available, then i assume that he is correct.

Thanks for the confirmation

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements