cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90D 4K Video "Jaggies" on a gimbal

junglemedia
Apprentice

I shoot on Canon Cinema cameras for most of my video, however I purchased a 90D to mount on a gimbal for walking around shots.  When I used to put my old C100 on the gimbal, when I would pan back and forth on the gimbal, the video was super smooth.  On the 90D, if I pan anything other than REALLY slow... I get terrible jaggies on the video.  It looks really bad... like the pan on a movie shot 24p playing on a digital tv... very distracting, in fact not usable.  Any ideas?  Is it just because the 90D is shuttering? Cinema cameras allow you to turn the shutter off. 

2 REPLIES 2

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Hi and welcome to the forum:
You might want to check for the status on Movie Image Stabilization: on P298 of the manual.  It could be impacting the issue when the camera is at rest or close to as it tries to run with a lens that is not a standard EF lor EF-S ens.

Tronhard_0-1721446899656.png

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thanks for your reply.  Unfortunately, that is not the issue.  I suspect it is the "shutter" issue.  On my EOS C cameras, I can turn the shutter off.  Perhaps I will post a couple of clips to show the issue. 

Announcements