cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7D mk2 - Delayed Shutter + Multiple Exposures ?

scottcnorris
Apprentice

The camera I have operated for years is a T3i.  This model had a feature I find very nice for family photos including me (the photographer).  I can mount the camera on a tripod, set the shutter for a 10-second delayed release, and also set the camera to take 1-10 images simultaneously.  I am not referring to "bracketing" on one exposure, but capturing 5 or 10 images after the shutter releases - one after another.  Generally, if I capture 10 or 15 images, I can find one in which everyone's eyes are open and everyon in the image is pleased with the way he or she looks.

I have read the manual for the 7D and I have researched several authors' manuals about this model.  The 10-second delayed shutter release is an easy feature, but I can find no way to have the camera release the shutter multiple times.

Am I missing something?  Thank you for any help you can give me ! 

4 REPLIES 4

Ray-uk
Whiz

This might help:

http://support-th.canon-asia.com/contents/TH/EN/8202219500.html

Probably easier to get yourself a wireless RF remote trigger that you can operate by hand.

@Ray-ukwrote:

This might help:

http://support-th.canon-asia.com/contents/TH/EN/8202219500.html

Probably easier to get yourself a wireless RF remote trigger that you can operate by hand.

I've usually considered the remote trigger to be a better solution anyway. Getting oneself properly positioned while the timer winds down isn't always a trivial operation. It was annoying when my main camera was a 50D, because it doesn't have an IR receiver.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

If you add the WiFi adapter to the 7D II then you can use the Canon Connect app (you need to have a smartphone).  This allows you to remotely control a Canon Wi-FI enabled camera.  

I just tested this with my 5D IV ... put it in continuou shuter mode and then used my phone to hold down the shutter while it rapidly takes many shots (but this doesn't use a delay timer).

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Thank you !

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements