cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

77D: AF points in playback

rosycreates
Enthusiast

I just received my new to me 77d. I do have af points display enabled. Yet, the af points are not showing up in playback.....I only seem to see the SF points displayed when I use AUTO mode. However, I use P or Av most of the time...and the af points don't show up.

77d-1.jpg

77d2.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What shooting mode are you using?  The AF points will only be displayed by Canon software when the AF point it both active and locked.  

Just because the lens is focus, does not mean the AF point is active or even locked in focus.  This can happen when you are in Continuous Shooting mode, which allows the camera to fire the shutter wiithout any AF point being locked in focus.

If you use One Shot AF and Single Shot Drive mode, you should always see your AF point.  This is the mode most often used by the Automatic/Basic shooting modes, like the Green [A] mode.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

rosycreates
Enthusiast

I see the af point when I am taking photos...its when I am in PLAYBACK mode that I dont see the AF points displayed. 

rosycreates
Enthusiast

Hi, so I went ahead and cleared settings. Its now showing the AF Points in Playback. YAY!

Announcements