cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

70D Not Coming On

joshuareed09
Apprentice

Hello, friends! 

I'm currently traveling on the road with my Canon 70D and kit lens. I've had my 70D for several years now without any issues. However, the other morning, I went to take some photos here within the Virginia Wildlife Management Area to find that it wouldn't come on. First thing I did was pulled the battery out and charged it. I did notice that when I put the battery back in and without turning the camera on, the panel illumination was on. When I turned the camera on, it stayed on but nothing else happened. I swapped out the lens, left the battery, card, and lens out/off overnight. I'd love to hear your thoughts and many thanks in advance. 

2 REPLIES 2

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi joshuareed09,

Thanks for checking in with us.

It does sound like you've tried much of what we would suggest for the situation you described. You could also check the camera to see if any buttons appear stuck or out of place. If so try to gently nudge them back into position. You could also try a different battery, either one you have or one that you borrow from a local camera or electronics store.

If problems persist, I suggest that you email us at eosdigitalsupport@cits.canon.com with details about your issue, camera model, serial number, date of purchase, and return shipping address, and we'll explore the options available to you.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You did try some good stuff and you did some that won't male any difference. Like leaving the battery out over night. To make any difference you would need to leave it out for month(s). However while on the battery, you need to make sure it is still good and fully charged.  Best to use a Canon brand battery.This means checking the charger, too. Also, remove any and all off brand  manufacturers add-ons like a battery grip

Remove the SD card. Probably a good idea to buy a new one and try it. Don't buy a Dollar General cheapo. Buy a top quality brand like Snadisk or Lexar, etc.

"I went to take some photos here within the Virginia Wildlife Management Area ..."

BTW, you did not happen to drop the cramera? Hit against a tree?  You didn't get it wet even just a little? Leave it in a hot car? 

If none of this corrects it, you need to have it serviced.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements