cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

70D MarkII annoying pitch sounds

jgoodman
Apprentice

Sorry for my English...

Hello, I would ask you about annoying pitching sound and lagging during shooting video. After I bought the new RODE VideoMic Pro+ and setup levels to Manual sometimes get in recorded video 1-2 sec pitch sound. Realy start with new Mic, never had probleme before. Strange about it that the problem stays even I change the source of sound--another ext. mic, internal mic or set Manual to Auto. Can be problem with memory card?

Thank you a sorry for my english again.

John

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

"Sounds" usually come from the IS or focus motors of the lens. What lens do you have?

diverhank
Authority

The sound comes from the autofocusing of the lens and can be quite audible with USM motors.  STM motors are better.

It may help if you can locate the external mic as far away from the lens as possible.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

jgoodman
Apprentice
Thx for replay. The pitch is realy big, soundwave go to teď ...sounds likes tough unplagging the audio cord.

@jgoodman wrote:
Thx for replay. The pitch is realy big, soundwave go to teď ...sounds likes tough unplagging the audio cord.

I do not know is you have a 70D or a 7d Mark II.  I do know that it would be best to contact Canon Support.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements