cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6D wifi dead ?

simantadatta
Apprentice

Hi all -

I've been using my Canon 6D since 1 year and have used the Wifi several times and last 1 week ago...

But suddenly today, I can't get it to work... the Android phone didn't see the Wifi signal, I thought it must be something silly, but then I tried for several hours and Android, Blackberry and my PC didn't see the Wifi emitting from Canon 6D using the existing "nickname"... I used the General Settings > Reset wifi setting and made new Nickname and started all over again, but still no help... the Camera blinks the wifi icon saying the Wifi is ON, but no other devices sees it.. And if I chose the "Infrastructure mode" the camera takes forever to detect any Wifi hotstpot when there are atleast 10 where I'm on including my home network! (Ofcourse, I was using the Camera access point only but this Infrastructure mode was just to see if THAT worked)

The camera is under warranty, but I dont live in the Country anymore from where the warranty is (unless I make a visit) .. What could be the issue ? The router/card inside the camera dead ? .. I have search all the resources on the internet but found no one that have had this problem.

Suggestions, comments ?

3 REPLIES 3

simantadatta
Apprentice

No comments ???

Hi simantadatta!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however we need to let you know that The Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks, I understand... I thought a "forum" is not necessarily a support call, so it's free to all.

My camera is from India, and I live in France, too bad 😞

Unfortunately there is no "Forum" like this in any other countries outside of US...I have already emailed the Support but I dont think I'm expecting any effective response.. lets see.

Thanks for clarifying though.

Announcements