cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6D, Wi-fi, and Camera Connect - can‘t connect

W7lej1
Contributor

I’ve attempted this on several occasions in the past, I’ve NEVER gotten the Camera Connect app to actually connect.

”Configuration”: 6D, recently updated to latest firmware (1.1.19 I “THINK”); iPad Pro 2nd gen with IOS 17.5.1.

I downloaded the Camera Connect app, started the “register camera” process. Already had the preliminary steps to set up Wi-fi on the camera completed. Before opening the app, I went to “settings” on the iPad and got the Wi-fi connected to the camera. Opened the Camera Connect app, started the “register camera” drill, I get to the Wi-fi Connection screen, it shows connected to my camera, but there is no indication of what to do next, and after just a few seconds (when, I presume, the camera “goes back to sleep”) the Wi-fi connection bar reverts to showing my home Wi-fi SSID.

Incidentally, after many frustrations with Camera Connect, I found out about and tried the third-party app Cascable. Since the camera firmware update, I can connect the iPad wi-fi to the camera, but connecting in that app only works on one of every 4 or 5 attempts.

What am I doing wrong here?

0 REPLIES 0
click here to view the gallery
Announcements