cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5d Mark iv touch screen won't turn on

MichaVandiver88
Contributor

My 5d Mark IV touch screen won't turn on. Is this an issue with this camera? Its only a year old. Thanks 

8 REPLIES 8

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Are you saying it never displays anything? e.g. if you press "Q" to bring up the quick menu?  Or "Info" to cycle through the various info/level displays?

When you first power on the 5D IV, nothing will be displayed on the rear screen.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Hi Ricky, when u click menu, nothing. When I take a picture, nothing. The back is completely black. I was doing a photo shoot and it just went black. Hasn’t worked in a month. I’m flying back home to the states next week so I will send it in but I live part time in the jungles of Costa Rica as I own a hotel here. Other time is spent in The Florida Keys and Houston. So for me easier to find a possible solution then parting with my gear. It’s a little over a year old. 

It does sound like you'll need to contact Canon and send it in for service.

--
Ricky

Thanks, that’s what I figured. I upgraded my pro membership with CPS and after I posted this I chatted with them. They said it’s not a known issue and so I’ll need to send it it. I hate being without for a couple months. Sending in all my gear for service though seems like the best idea. The jungle is brutal on gear, even if careful as I am. Thanks for your help! 

From looking at the CPS membership levels (e.g. Gold), there should be something like a 3-day turnaround any repairs.  And it looks like if things would take longer, it's possible to get a loaner camera.   So hopefully that will reduce the time you'll be without a camera.

--
Ricky

I’m a platinum member. Been a professional for over 20 years with them. So yeah they said that I can get a loaner but I’m heading right back here to Costa Rica after and won’t be back to the states until march. It’s season here for us so I can’t be gone long. It’s unfortunate as we have monkeys, toucans a million other birds and animals in my front and backyard. I guess I need to be more present (for a couple months) instead of behind my lens all the time. ☺️ Hell I might buy a 3rd camera. 

Ah, understood.  It's because you'll be out-of the US and it sounds like Canon USA would only be able to ship things to your US location.

--
Ricky

Yes exactly. Sorry I wasn’t clear. I will be back to my home in the states though in march, so I can wait. I just got out my old Mark ii and it works fine for a back up. My next purchase is a new TS lens for landscape or maybe a wide lens. I went from LA music photographer to wedding & family and now back to my first love, nature and wildlife. So need to buy a wide lens for the gorgeous landscapes here in Costa Rica. ☺️

Announcements