cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5D duplicating images

angeladeagan
Contributor

Hello Canon users.   When I transfer images to my Mac it imports two of the same image.   If I take one of the cards out of the camera first it is ok.   So I must be storage the image on both cards,  just don't know how to correct this on my camera?   Any ideas? 

Cheers 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

I don't have a 5D owner's manual but the setup is similar for most of the current Canon cameras.  Under the menu setting for record function (under the "wrench/tool" icon for most current bodies), you will have several choices of whether you want to save images to one or both cards simultaneously and what format is used for each (RAW on both cards, RAW on one, JPG on the other, etc.) 

I may be living dangerously but I have never bothered with recording to both cards.  I primarily shoot sports but if I was a wedding photographer I would use that dual record option.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

View solution in original post

MY ISSUE IS RESOLVED.

The duplication occurred only when I had cards in both slots, even though I was only writing to one card. I DID A MARK IV firmware update and it resolved the duplication when connecting USB to import, even if I have both cards in slots and only using one.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

Cool. Thanks so much. 

Will try, and report back should the issue still persist...

t

Yup, that fixed it. 

Updated to firmware version 1.2.1 today, and that took care of it.

Thanks!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements