cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5D Mk II accessories not compatible with 5D Mk III

FBurr
Contributor

I have a 5D Mk II and a nice collection of lenses and accessories.  I am upgrading to a Mk III.  Can anyone tell me which lenses (if any) and which accessories are not compatible with the Mk III?  Thanks!

Sailor-retired USN. former 5D Mk II user - recently graduated to the R6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@FBurr wrote:

Thanks.  Someone once told me the battery grip wasn't compatible, and I was concerned about my L-bracket for tripod work (which I can test in the store).  Just wanted to double check.  Thanks again!

I'm pretty sure that the two cameras use different battery grips.  Remember, L-Brackets are typically designed to fit the Canon battery grips, not the 3rd party grips, which must be shaped ever so slightly differently from Canon's.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Assuming they are all Canon, they should all work.

Thanks.  Someone once told me the battery grip wasn't compatible, and I was concerned about my L-bracket for tripod work (which I can test in the store).  Just wanted to double check.  Thanks again!

@FBurr wrote:

I'm pretty sure that the two cameras use different battery grips.  Remember, L-Brackets are typically designed to fit the Canon battery grips, not the 3rd party grips, which must be shaped ever so slightly differently from Canon's.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks so much!

I might have spoke too soon. The 5DMIII takes the BGE-11, not the BGE-6 of the MII.

It might be best to be specific.

Announcements