cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5D Mark IV Won't Live Shoot Or Record

Sprax
Apprentice

Pretty much as the title says, the Live Shoot doesn't work on the camera anymore.I had recently got it in July off somebody that was selling it and it's worked flawlessly up until I tried messing around with the Canon Connect App around the beginning of this month for test live remote shooting. The first time I tried it, it worked, I was able to take photos and record using the app and then I left the camera alone for a while. The second time I tried it, it wouldn't work anymore. As in if I tried to take a photo or record it with Remote Live Shooting it would just say "busy", also camera would lag heavily with wifi on as well. So I was curious what the problem was and wondered if it was my smart phone but the same thing would happen when I connected to laptop.  Specifically I could take photos with the EOS Utility on my laptop if remote live shooting wasn't on, however if I turned it on I'd get video feedback however trying to snap a photo would result in Busy again, and video would lock it up.

I stopped using it for about a week or so after that as I was just occupied with other things but decided to take it out again the other day for some  test runs with my gimbal. Connect with Canon app on phone, there's live viewing and all but I still can't take photos with it, and once again would lock up trying to record video, and by lock up I mean both the camera and the app. If I went to video mode on the app and tried to record nothing would happen however after that I wouldn't be able to go to picture mode, OR be able to go back to the home screen by pressing the arrow on the top left of the screen, or using the backwards arrow on my android, it just wouldn't work and camera would say busy so had to close the app and then chilled because I still had no idea why it was doing it. Went to use it again a little time later just to do test shots and suddenly I couldn't live shoot or record through the camera body its self. If I hit start/stop the LCD screen is black, if I switch it to video not only is the LCD screen black but if I go to record it will lock, I get the "Busy" notification and have to remove battery. Taking photos still works, reviewing photos still works, and if I connect through the app I still get live shooting feed back although as stated I can't take a photo or record.

I got the camera because it's always has been one I wanted, I've been using a gifted 350D since 2012 and finally was able to buy it. This has bummed me out.

1 REPLY 1

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Check the position of switch on the rear panel just to the right of viewfinder.  Make sure it is not in Movie Mode.  It is easy to accidentally, change the position of this switch handling camera; i.e.: moving it to and from a camera bag.

Otherwise, I recommend that you set P mode on the top dial, and then reset the camera back to factory defaults. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements