cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

50mm lense

Kliz13
Contributor

I just got a new 50mm lense for my Canon rebel T6. My camera will not focus. If I try to take a photo, it flashes and says busy. I’ve tried auto & manual focus but it’s still blurry. Is there a way to fix this issue? Please help. 

Sincerely, 

A girl who’s desperately trying to learn her camera. 

18 REPLIES 18

925C9C76-EF44-472D-996B-E7E1E9A16663.jpeg

If it does not work when set on Green Square in the viewfinder or Live View, it is almost certainly broken.

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You are probably talking about microfocus adjustment. That does not apply since your T6 can't do it. If your lens does not focus at all, there is no adjustment to make. Can you hear the motor try to focus?

BTW, just make sure your camera is in green square. This will pretty much ignore any settings that might interfere with focus, except AF/MF.

Yes. I can hear it try to focus so I know the motor is working. Or I would assume so. Could you tell me how to put it in green square? 

Like this:

Untitled.jpg

Make sure that there are not any filters mounted on the front of it, like a macro filter.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I can read the sides of the lenses… I know which one I have on my camera. thanks so much for the tip though.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@Kliz13,

Thanks for answering our questions.  If your other lenses are working correctly, I'd contact the seller.  There is nothing to calibrate.  With your Camera set to "A" and the lens set to "AF", the lens should not have any focusing issues.  The 50mm 1.8 is $125 new, and often $90 refurb.  I'd buy a new copy of the lens and not deal with someone else's problem or hassle.     

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

Could you try attaching your 50mm lens to another similar EOS body? Maybe a friend's camera, one at a local camera shop or maybe a used body at a pawn shop.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements