cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

40D back button focus settings

rangacharee
Apprentice

Hello all.

I would be extremely grateful for your help on the back button focus with the 40D. I did the settings in the menu, and all is working fine except when I set the focus to AI servo. In one shot mode the camera's focus works fine,but when I want to do action shots and keeps the AF on button depressed do I have  to put the drive in burst mode?. It does not seem to work in single shot drive mode, I would keep the AF on held down but when I press the shutter button or hold it down only one shot  is fired. thanking you in anticipation.

5 REPLIES 5

cicopo
Elite

If you want mone than 1 shot when you press the shutter button then YES you need to change the DRIVE mode.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Thank you very much for the reply will try tonight

If I remember right putting itno Sport Mode will change the drive to continuous but in the other modes the operator needs to change it to suit either single shot or continuous.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Thanks, I tried that but the sports mode is overriding the back button focus settings

You need to go to Tv mode and select the shutter speed you want. The custom functions don't work in the icon modes, on the creative modes.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements