cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

400d Busy when connected via usb

joeslow97
Apprentice

Hi Canonistas, I have a problem with my 400d (it's old but it never had one before). I am trying to connect the camera to my Mac (2014, OS Sierra 10.12.5) but the 400d's display goes on flashing the word "Busy" and nothing happens while it usually takes 2 secs, I plug the usb and Photo turns on loading every shot I took. I tried to turn off the camera several times, I've changed battery, usb cable and cf card to see if one of these things was the problem but nothing, the 400d remains usable (i mean i can use it while it flashes "busy") but no way it wants to connect.

Can anyone of you help me??? I have to download some photos for a job interview and i have no cf reader and no time to buy it, so it's pretty important.

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@joeslow97 wrote:

Hi Canonistas, I have a problem with my 400d (it's old but it never had one before). I am trying to connect the camera to my Mac (2014, OS Sierra 10.12.5) but the 400d's display goes on flashing the word "Busy" and nothing happens while it usually takes 2 secs, I plug the usb and Photo turns on loading every shot I took. I tried to turn off the camera several times, I've changed battery, usb cable and cf card to see if one of these things was the problem but nothing, the 400d remains usable (i mean i can use it while it flashes "busy") but no way it wants to connect.

Can anyone of you help me??? I have to download some photos for a job interview and i have no cf reader and no time to buy it, so it's pretty important.

Do you format your cards in the camera?  Always make sure that you do.  Make sure your CF cards are 32GB, or smaller, too.

Has your camera ever worked with this particular Mac?  Make sure you use a data cable, not a charging cable.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

My CFs are 8gb (the one which photos are currently on) and 1gb (empty) and i format them every 200/300 shots, in fact there are just 24 shots now in the card.

I used 2 different data cables and yes my Mac has always worked well with my camera (more than two years now). And that's why i'm panicking

@joeslow97 wrote:

My CFs are 8gb (the one which photos are currently on) and 1gb (empty) and i format them every 200/300 shots, in fact there are just 24 shots now in the card.

I used 2 different data cables and yes my Mac has always worked well with my camera (more than two years now). And that's why i'm panicking

The usual prescription is to do a full reset of all camera settings back to factory defaults.  This may have to be done in more than one location.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements