cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using a laowa fisheye 4mm 2.8 lens on a canon r7 lens

Tommyboyks
Contributor

I recently bought a Laowa 4mm 2.8 fisheye lens with RF mount to use on my Canon R7. Every time I try to take a photo, the shutter will not depress. I have tried every camera setting I can think of, have removed the lens and reattached it several times , tried to take photos from different distances, and the shutter will not engage when I try to take the photo. The only feedback I get on the camera display is a waving hand. Anyone have any suggestions?                                                 

2 REPLIES 2

normadel
Authority
Authority

While your lens has an RF mount, it does not have any of the electrical contacts that a digital camera needs to connect with.  So the camera doesn't know there is a lens and doesn't want the shutter to fire. To use this all-manual lens on the R7, you have to look for the Custom Function setting Release shutter w/o lens” and select it.

Do you have the user manual for the camera? You will find this information in it.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You need to set the camera to "M" manual shutter and "Release shutter w/o lens" .

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
click here to view the gallery
Announcements