cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new at interchangeable lenses

BigJake93
Contributor
Hey guys so I'm just an amateur photographer. I have been using a fujifilm for the last 12 years or so. I went to school for photography and want to upgrade to a t3i. I don't have a lot of money to spend of the bat so I was looking at a bundle package on amazon of just the body with a 18-55mm lens. I know that the body is good and what I want. But I'm not sure if the lens is ok. I do a lot of different kinds of photography from portraits of people to landscape and cars and even storm and weather photography for a storm chasing company I work with as a hobby. Eventually I would like to get a 50 mm 1.8.
7 REPLIES 7

ScottyP
Authority
The camera is a bargain right now. Sounds like a reasonable 1st and second lens for your stated purposes if you are sticking to a budget. I would not wait a long time to get the 50mm since it is only about $115.00 and since it lets you do so much more with shallow DOF and low light. Even if you upgrade lenses later you don't have that much in the lenses here since they nearly give the kit lenses away when bundled with the body.

Have fun!
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

Awesome thanks Scott I appreciate it ya I was just looking at some 50 mm and think I may get one right now two.

"I was just looking at some 50 mm ..."

BigJake, my most favorite movie of all time BTW, there is a reason the EF 50mm f1.8 is so cheap.  Smiley Wink

I would rather see you get a used EF f1.4 or a Sigma 50mm.

Here is a great 'starter' kit and there will be no shipping charge. Rebel T3i with kit lens  Maybe not sales tax either.

You can spend that money on "stuff". Smiley Very Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Man it looks like a good deal but I can pay two hundred less for the same body a 18-55mm lens and add on a 124 dollar lens and still pay a hundred dollars less then the one on the link you sent. But thank you very much for the info and I will look into it.

Big Jake,

If you found the camera (exact) and lens outfit cheaper than B&H, you may want to proceed carefully.  It may not be Canon USA.  <----very important

If you could, show me the ad.  You can send it in a PM if you wish.

EB

Adorama is good.  If that is the one you want, fine, but that is not the same as the one I showed you and reccommended.

EB
Announcements