cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

do i need tripod mount for canon rp with Canon EF 16-35mm f/4.0

kalel
Contributor

i mostly shoot with a tripod with my 70D with Canon EF 16-35mm f/4.0 lens. now i have an rp with adapter to use the same lens. am worried the lens is too heavy for the rp in a tripod. do i need a tripod mount for it? what size?

thanks so much

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

If you have a genuine Canon mount adapter, then I would not expect there to be any issues.  Yeah, I know it is a smaller body than your 70D.  Beside, there isn’t a foot accessory that I am aware for either the lens or the mount adapter.  Use your best judgement when it comes to holding the camera/lens combo.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

thank you so much. i appreciate the response

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

If you have a genuine Canon mount adapter, then I would not expect there to be any issues.  Yeah, I know it is a smaller body than your 70D.  Beside, there isn’t a foot accessory that I am aware for either the lens or the mount adapter.  Use your best judgement when it comes to holding the camera/lens combo.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

thanks so much for your reply. i appreciate it. yeah, i have a genuine adapter. just kind of worry that the lens is too heavily for the body specifically if am shooting mostly in a tripod

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Too heavy, its not. You're fine and safe.  RP included.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

thank you so much. i appreciate the response

Announcements