cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Lens X Work on Camera Y?

AtticusLake
Mentor
Mentor

This question comes up a lot, so I wrote an article explaining all the issues and combinations. Here it is:

https://moonblink.info/MudLake/gear/lenses

It turned out a lot bigger than I wanted, but this turns out to be kind of a messy issue. Anyhow, there it is, and I hope it's helpful.

If anyone sees any issues, or any improvements that could be made, please do let me know.

8 REPLIES 8

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

We need a spot on this board for this type of thing. On the Apple Community they have "User Tips".

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

In a few days it will be so deeply buried, to become almost useless. 🙁

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Ummm, that's why it's on my web site. Anytime someone posts the question, I (or someone) can post a link to the article.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

The link will also be so far down to be almost impossible to find. What difference that makes is lost on me. The message and/or link will not be at the top. If someone doesn't do a search for it they won't find it or the link. And, if they do do a search they probably would just do a search in google first.

EB

I'm sorry I wasn't clear, so let me try to explain.

Many times people post questions here like "will lens X work on camera Y". A lot of times, I've seen people respond by typing in an answer manually, which seems like a lot of work.

But now, when someone posts that question, you, or I, or someone else, can respond by just pasting in the link to my article. Which seems like it would be less work.

Instead of typing in stuff abut flange distances and image circles and so on over and over again, I've typed it in once, in one permanent place, so people can just link to it.

The link won't be "so far down"; it will be the response to their question.

So, like I said, "Anytime someone posts the question, I (or someone) can post a link to the article."

Does that make sense?

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Whatever you say but good luck finding it to copy and paste it in a few weeks. That is my point.

EB

I'm sorry, but again, perhaps I wasn't being completely clear. It's my web site. I own and operate it. I have it bookmarked, so finding it should be OK.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

EB
Announcements