cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the serial number on the RF 200-800?

TomRamsey
Enthusiast

I have the card with the serial number that came with the lens, but I want to verify what is on the lens, but I can't find it.  It's not in any of the places that the support page shows.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

March411
Rising Star

Tom,

I had the same challenge until I put my glasses on and turned on a light. The text is friggin light gray and almost impossible to see without some additional light. It is located exactly on the opposite side of the canon logo between the tripod mount and the lens mount. Again, in the lightest gray you can print on white.

number.jpg

No trees were destroyed in the posting of this message. However, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Marc
Windy City

R3 ~ R5 ~ R6 Mk II ~ R50
Adobe and Topaz Suite for post processing
My Online Gallery

View solution in original post

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Hi Tom:

Like Marc, I had some fun finding the serial number as written on the lens and his method is definitely a way to get the number.  Alternatively, open up a photo taken by the lens in PS and it tells you the lens serial number under File >File Info> Camera Data.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Still waiting for mine,  Sorry, don't know, but I'm sure you'll get a reply.    

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

March411
Rising Star

Tom,

I had the same challenge until I put my glasses on and turned on a light. The text is friggin light gray and almost impossible to see without some additional light. It is located exactly on the opposite side of the canon logo between the tripod mount and the lens mount. Again, in the lightest gray you can print on white.

number.jpg

No trees were destroyed in the posting of this message. However, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Marc
Windy City

R3 ~ R5 ~ R6 Mk II ~ R50
Adobe and Topaz Suite for post processing
My Online Gallery

Thank you, I was using a flashlight and thought I saw something a couple of times but couldn’t really see it again.  I’ve got it put away but I’ll check tomorrow, once you know where to look it should be easier.

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Hi Tom:

Like Marc, I had some fun finding the serial number as written on the lens and his method is definitely a way to get the number.  Alternatively, open up a photo taken by the lens in PS and it tells you the lens serial number under File >File Info> Camera Data.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thanks Trevor, I briefly wondered if it might be in the EXIF, but didn’t take time to look.

Announcements