cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the best Telephoto Zoom lens for canon rebel T3??

vasanthkumar
Apprentice

Hi, i have a canon rebel t3 and i want a telephoto lens , but i don't know which lens to take between Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM and Canon EF-S IS 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II, I generally like to shoot street, abstract and nature photos and I'm not sure which lens is going to be more suitable to my needs...

10 REPLIES 10

Sami, there are some exceptions to that rule but in general they have high prices. I've used several Superzooms since going digital & although they aren't perfect they can do well with good technique & by avoiding shooting wide open whenever possible. The pro level (L series in Canon's case) can deliver much better results than the consumer grade lenses but they also cost considerably more BUT there's also a learning curve to shooting ANY long lens. I get great results with the older 35-350 L & the current 28-300 L IS & if I didn't own those I'd buy the 70-300 L IS based on it's reviews & user comments.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."
Announcements